Cougar The Musical
By Donna Moore
Click here for the latest Cougar sizzle reel
The lives of Clarity, Lily and Mary-Marie cross as they open their eyes to possibilities and discover a new sense of self-worth when they find that younger men are attracted to them … and vice versa!
“It is filled with original melodies…The script reflects considerable imagination and contains a few knowing jokes.” – New York Times
““Like a woman who tries to have it all, Cougar The Musical has a lot going on. The 90-minute off-Broadway tuner is funny, raucous, sweetly sentimental and romantic. And women, mostly women of a certain age, are likely to fall under its life-affirming spell.” – NY1
Available for licensing through Concord Theatricals.
Dramaturgy: Great Roles for Actors
- Journey of discovery, through the fears of aging to new life and sense of self worth
- Broadway caliber talent: Brenda Braxton (Chicago, Smokey Joe’s Cafe), Catherine Porter (Next to Normal, Sunset Boulevard), Babs Winn and Danny Bernardy
- Music by Donna Moore, with Mark Barkan, Meryl Leppard, John Baxindine, Seth Lefferts and Arnie Gross. Book by Donna Moore.
- Directed by TONY-nominated Lynne Taylor-Corbett
Story Elements: Universal Appeal
- Popular subject of books, television and film
- Time Magazine selected “cougar” as #1 buzz word for 2007
- Articles including Cougar! in Boston Globe, Dallas Morning News, Philadelphia Daily News
- Cougar Town TV series ABC and TBS
- The Graduate: Anne Bancroft and Dustin Hoffman
- Target audience is perfect for theatre: women 40+ the ticket buyers
- Hilarious, soulful and sexy tale of women’s empowerment, discovering anew the essence of love and self-worth.
Cost: Modest Production
- Low-running costs: four actors, unit set, two-piece band
- Built for Off Broadway, sit-downs and tours across the country
- Low-cost development through cabaret
Significant subsidiary Market Potential
- Region and amateur theaters around the world
- Productions in the U.K., Korea, Denmark and around the U.S.
Available for licensing through Concord Theatricals